We all know that helmets are vitally important to any biker’s safety. But goodness gracious – they certainly don’t have a good impact on any hairdo!
Thankfully help is at hand. Keepbritainbiking.com has come up with some tips to help you arrive at the office looking groomed and elegant, rather than like someone who just lost a fight with a hedge:
- Invest in a ventilated helmet, as this will help minimise heat and moisture, which causes frizz.
- Apply a light mist of hairspray and then put on a bandana before putting on your helmet to help keep hair in place.
- Put on a bandana or skull cap to keep your hairstyle in place – skull caps can be bought from most motorcycle supply shops
- Use curling tongs to add extra volume before you put on the helmet.
- Wrap your hair around sponge curlers before putting on your helmet. Be sure there is enough space between the curlers and your motorcycle helmet to avoid a tight fit.
- Pack some essentials including travel straighteners or curling tongs, a brush or wide toothed comb and a small hairspray.
- At your destination apply some dry shampoo to give your roots some body.
- Braided updos are all the rage in celebrity circles, so opt for a Heidi crown plait or a French braid and either leave in or take out for natural waves.
If this all seems like a lot of trouble, you can always opt for a short style that you can simply run your fingers through. But, whatever you decide to do, always wear a helmet when riding your bike; safety is more important than style.