Colder weather calls for hearty and warming food. So here's a simple, tasty butternut dish recipe for you to prepare. It's so filling you won't even miss the meat.
• 1 small butternut, peeled and cubed into bite-sized chunks
• Handful of fresh mint and 4/5 sprigs of oregano (or 1 to 2 teaspoons each of both herbs, dried)
• 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
• 2 cups baby spinach, cleaned but not excessively rinsed
• 1 scant cup of feta, coarsely crumbled
• 1/2 cup of pitted black olives
• Handful of toasted pine nuts (optional)
• Glug of balsamic reduction (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• Place the butternut pieces in an oven-proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the fresh/dried herbs, chilli flakes and salt to taste. Roast until tender (approximately 30 minutes).
• When done, remove from the oven, add the spinach leaves and toss with the vegetables so the leaves start to wilt but not cook through.
• Add the feta and olives and ensure all components of the dish are evenly distributed.
• If dry, add a light drizzle of olive oil. If using, lightly drizzle the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with pine nuts.
• Serve on a bed of couscous prepared according to the pack instructions.
Then pour yourself a glass of a deliciously smooth Place in the Sun Merlot with succulent red berry and plum flavours, it pairs well with this delicious dish.