Your brain may be busy, filled with so many snack ideas for the Easter holiday family lunches, dinners or even on the road. But you don't have to be confused any further, this recipe is a must-do!
Serves: 12 portions canapes.
• 1 pkt Sasko Quick Treats Cookie Mix
• 140g butter
• 1 large egg
• 150 ml milk
• 100 ml cream
• 1tsp. Vanilla extract
• 3 egg yolks 15g cornflour
• 40g sugar
• 100g raspberries
• Mint leaves for garnish
• Preheat 180 °C add Sasko quick treats cookie mix in a mixing bowl and rub butter into mixture by hand
• Whisk egg in a smaller mixing bowl
• Add whisked egg to flour mix and combine with wooden spoon until dough forms (use hands).
• Roll out cookie mixture until 2mm thick. Refrigerate until cold.
• Cut into round disks approximately 6cm diameter
• Line a mini muffin silicon tray with the cookie pastry disks
• Line with silicon paper and add beans for blind baking.
• Bake until golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool.
• Place milk and cream into a small saucepan with vanilla extract and scald.
• Allow to infuse for 10 min Mix the egg yolks and sugar together. Add the conflour and stir well.
• Add the hot milk mixture to the eggs. A little at a time, stirring continuously until all the mixture has been added.
• Place onto a medium heat and bring to the boil. Stirring continuously. Allow to boil for 2 min.
• Place into a piping bag and allow to cool
• Pipe 20-30 patisseries into each pastry cup and top with raspberries and blueberries.