Switch up your ordinary snacking meals this Easter holiday with this Sasko rolled up pizza recipe. You can also add this as part of your main meal if you wish.
Serves: 10 portions
• 10 slices Sasko low GI white bread
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 250g tin chopped tomatoes
• 15g basil leaves
• 1 tsp sugar
• Olive oil
• 200g parmesan, grated
• 25g parsley, chopped
• 100g mozzarella, grated
• 100g full fat cream cheese
• 50g butter, room temperature
• Micro basil cress
• Roll out Sasko low GI white bread, remove bread crust
• Pan fry chopped onion and garlic on olive oil until soft
• Add chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar
• Cook for 15 min. Until sauce becomes thick. Add basil and blend
• Mix the grated parmesan and chopped parsley together and season with salt and pepper
• Place the rolled out Sasko low GI white bread onto a baking tray.
• Mix together the mozzarella and the cream cheese.
• Spread the home-made pasta sauce on the bread and top with mozzarella and cream cheese mix.
• Roll up your pizza. Brush with melted butter and dust with parmesan crust.
• Bake 180° C for 15 min. Cut into 3 pieces and garnish with micro basil.