Adding to the excitement of the SA-French Seasons 2012-13, visitors to the picture perfect Franschhoek Wine Valley can look forward to a month of French flair with Plaisirs de France (translated means Pleasures of France).
The culturally inspired initiative will run from 15 October to 15 November with establishments in and around Franschhoek offering an assortment of French inspired foodie and culinary delights.
Visitors to the area can expect to find exciting activities such as:
- Manor House Owner’s Chef Table where you’ll be treated to a French inspired feast fit for kings;
- Le Pique Nique – various establishments offerings delicious French inspired picnic baskets;
- Visiting chefs from France cooking with some of Franschhoek’s highly acclaimed chefs;
- Master the art of French cooking with special cooking classes presented by local chefs;
- Visit the Country Village Market every Saturday during this month where you can stock up on French inspired goods and produce;
- La Cotte Inn, situated in the heart of Franschhoek, will be offering bespoke cheese tastings paired with wines from the area;
- Pop up kitchens serving delicious French inspired lunches will make an appearance at select art galleries. Beautiful art and fine food. The perfect partnership.
- Restaurants in the valley will be offering French inspired menus during the month.
As some of the activities have limited seating capacity booking is essential and should be done directly through the participating establishments. Visit www.franschhoek.org.za for a full list of participants, contact details as well as regular updates.